Lean Agile Institute certified Agile Product Owner (LAI-APO) is a designation provided to someone who completes the Learning Objectives for Agile Product Owner and demonstrates the knowledge to perform this role. Scrum is one of the most popular Agile Framework and Product Owner is an important role in Scrum. Knowledge of Scrum and Product Owner role is an important part of Agile Knowledge Area.
This course provides the learners with the knowledge of Agile and Scrum Framework from the perspective of the Product Owner role. LAI certified Agile Product Owners have the core competencies to work with Customers, Stakeholders, and the Development Team to define Product Vision, conduct Product Planning and Forecasting, and collaborating with the Team to enable them to develop right Product.
After going through LAI-APO certification course, the learners are able to:
- Describe the characteristics and responsibilities of the Product Owner and the benefits and anti-patterns of having this role.
- Describe how the Agile Product Owner collaborates with the Development Team for activities like product backlog creation & refinement.
- Perform the role of the Agile Product Owner in different Scrum Events.
- Describe how the Agile Product Owner engages with Stakeholders to get information, feedback, and insights.
- Describe how to Establish a Product Vision collaboratively with other Stakeholders and conduct Vision Workshops.
- Explain product backlog estimation and prioritization techniques.
- Explain the process of Value Delivery Management to deliver Value to the Customer over time.
- Empathize with user – Demonstrate design thinking techniques to understand your users and build products they love.
- Conduct User Story Mapping Exercise and Story Writing Workshop.
- Practice writing Agile Requirements (using User Stories etc.) including Acceptance Criteria.
- Explain Minimum Viable Product and Minimum Marketable Features.
- Demonstrate hypothesis driven approach to validate product ideas.
- Describe the role of Product Owner in a scaled agile Environment.
- Demonstrate the competencies needed to perform a Product Owner role in DevOps Environment.